Mirador de Colom
Ride to the top, and you'll see!
The Columbus Monument which was dedicated in1888 as part of the ceremonies marking the Universal Exhibition, stands at the end of La Rambla of Barcelona, near the sea. Take the lift inside the column to the viewing gallery at the top, a viewpoint 60 meters above the ground, where you can enjoy great views of Barcelona.
- Enjoy panoramic views of Barcelona from the top of the monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus (1452-1506), the navigator who discovered America in October 1492.
- In 1881, Barcelona City Council agreed to erect the monument as a tribute to Christopher Columbus, who chose to disembark in the port of Barcelona on his return from America.
- Panoramic views of Barcelona from the Mirador de Colom:
- If you look north Barcelona: the Gothic Quarter and the city’s historic buildings; the bell towers of the Cathedral, Santa Maria del Mar and La Mercè, the bustling Rambla, which meanders up to the Plaça de Catalunya and marks the entrance to the Eixample district, where you’ll find the city’s main art-nouveau, or modernist, landmarks and the Sagrada Família church by Gaudí.
- If you look to the east Barcelona: following the coastline, you’ll be able to see the modern Forum district in the distance with its photovoltaic cell and tall buildings. Nearer to you, the twin towers flank the entrance to the Olympic Marina. The old harbour, or Port Vell, and the industrial port are below you at the foot of the monument.
- If you look to the south Barcelona: stands Montjuïc Hill, with its castle at the top. Montjuïc is also the site of museums, gardens, theatres and the Olympic Ring. The Royal Shipyards which house the Museu Marítim, are at the foot of the hill.
- If you look west Barcelona: the Collserola Natural Park, the vast green lung surrounding the city, with the Collserola Tower and the Tibidabo Amusement Park as its two stand-out attractions.
- Viewpoint opening times*: 1/3-30/9, daily 8.3am to 8.30pm and 1/10-28/2, daily 8.3am to 7.30pm. Closed: 1/1, 6/1, 25/12 and 26/12. * Last lift ride 30 minutes before closing time.
- Adress: Plaça del Portal de la Pau, s/n. Metro L3: Drassanes. Bus: 14, 59, 64, 91, 120, D20 and H16.
- You can explore the relationship between Columbus and Barcelona and go up to the viewing gallery on the walking tour Discovering Columbus in BCNSHOP.
 932 853 832