The Fundació Joan Miró is a vibrant art centre that is open to the world where you can discover and explore Miró’s and other artists’ work. A place for participation and dialogue between artistic ideas and disciplines.
The foundation building is the result of the friendship between the architect Josep Lluís Sertand Joan Miró and has become one of the city’s cultural icons. Situated inParc de Montjuïc,it is a space where the boundaries between art, architecture and landscape are blurred.The foundation houses one of the world’s most complete collections of Miró’s work
and provides a comprehensive overview of the different stages in his artistic career. It provides a showcase for all the techniques he used which led him to develop a unique and highly personal language and made him one of the most influential artists of the 20th century.
The Fundació Joan Miró completes its cultural offering with temporary exhibitions, shows by emerging artists in the Espai 13 gallery, and activities to suit all tastes.Temporary exhibitions
- Paul Klee. From 21/10/2022 to 12/02/2023.
- Bimbo (Photography). From 20/9/2022 to 5/02/2023.
- Silly Symphony. From 28/10/2022 to 15/01/2023.
: Parc de Montjuïc, s/n.How to get there
: Metro: L1 and L3, Espanya . FGC (Catalan Railways): Espanya . Buses: 55 and 150| Montjuïc Funicular.Times
- From April to October: from Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 8pm*; Sunday, from 10am to 6pm.
- From November to March: from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 6pm*.*Ticket offices and entrances are open until 30 minuts before closing time.
: Monday (if is not a holiday day), 1/1, 6/1, 12/10, 25/12 and 26/12.
- Children under 15 free admission.
- You must download the QR code to enter the museum without having to go to the ticket office.