Learn the art of 'trencadís' mosaic devised by Antoni Gaudí and discover all the secrets as you create your own mosaics. Come and enjoy the Gaudí experience on these workshops for adults, families and children in the centre of Barcelona.
Trencadís is a type of mosaic made with irregular shards of pottery, marble or glass that was wide spread in modernista architecture
. Antoni Gaudí took the technique one step further by using ceramic and pottery rejects, plates and coffee cups, and gave the pieces their final shape with a hammer and pliers so that the pieces would fit together perfectly. Today we can still see original examples of Gaudí's handiwork in nearly all his Barcelona landmarks: Park Güell, the Casa Batlló, La Pedrera and the Sagrada Família.
During the workshop, you'll learn how to handle tools, choose your design and colours and create your first work in 'trencadís'. You'll learn the technique and take away with you a very special and unique reminder of Gaudí's Barcelona
The length of the workshop depends on the type of object you want to make and the complexity of your drawing. It will take two hours to make a photo frame, an elephant, a heart or a salamander; three hours to make a coat of arms, a larger photo frame, a mirror; or four hours to make a large mirror or place mat. Children aged 4 to 10 will have lots of fun making a mosaic of their choice during an 1h30-long workshop where they'll learn how to prepare the materials, choose the colours and create their design. And they'll all be able to take their mosaic home with them!.What does your booking include?
- Trencadís (mosaic) workshop or combined ticket mosaic workshop + admission to Torre Bellesguard, According to the chosen option.
- All the necessary materials.
- Explanations in English, Catalan, Spanish and German.
- Instructors on hand to help you.
Adults: from Monday to Saturday at 10am, 12.30pm, 3pm and 5pm.Saturday at 10am and 12.30pm.Meeting Point
Children (4-10 years old): from Tuesday to Saturday at 11.15am, and from Monday to Saturday at 12.30pm.
: Mosaiccos; c/Assaonadors, 10. Metro L4, Jaume I stop. Bus 17, 19, 40 and 45.
- During the kid's workshops, parents are welcome to stay for the duration of the class.
- Mosaiccos takes care of grouting the mosaics. This means that students from the morning workshops can pick up their mosaics in the afternoon on the same day and students from the afternoon workshops can collect their mosaics at lunchtime the following day.
- With combined admission, the visit to the Torre Bellesguard will be valid for up to seven days after the trencadís workshop.
Customer services provider: MOSAICCOS