Guided minivan tour including the tour of a winery, admission to the premises of a human tower association and a walk through the historic centre of Mataró or Vilafranca del Penedès.
You'll discover one of the most prestigious wineries in Catalonia
where you'll find out about the wine-making process from the harvesting of the grapes in the vineyards to the time it goes on sale. The winery tour includes a tasting of its wines or cavas
Afterwards, you'll take a walk through the old quarter
of Vilafranca del Penedès where the guide will show you their landmark historic and gastronomic sites
At the end of the trip, you'll visit the Associació de Castellers de Vilafranca to see one of the leading human tower teams in training. You'll also be able to dress in the traditional outfits. If you've still got some energy left, you'll have the opportunity to join in with the team and become part of a real human tower!.
At weekends, you'll be able to go with the human tower team to one of their displays.
The human towers were awarded Intangible Cultural Heritage status by UNESCO in 2010 and are one of the best-loved symbols of Catalonia today.What does your booking include?
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
- Tour of the vineyards and winery. Depending on the day of the week, you will either visit a winery in the Penedès.
- Wine or cava tasting.
- Guided walking tour of Vilafranca del Penedès and their historic centres.
- Admission to the Associació de Castells.
- Photographic record of your participation on the tour.
: March to November.
- Friday: departures at 2.15pm arriving back at 10pm.
- Sunday: departures at 9am arriving back at 3pm.
: English, Catalan and Spanish.Meeting point
: plaça de l'Ossa Menor (in the Glòries Shopping Center), which is easily accessed from the entrance located in Diagonal Avenue. We meet next to McDonalds. Metro: L1, Glòries stop. Bus: 7, 92 and 192.
- Departures are subject to a minimum number of two.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothing if you want to take part in one of the human castles.
- Wear sunscreen in summer.
- Maximum group numbers 12 people.
Customer services provider: LIVING EXPERIENCE SL