A former convent and theatre
, the Liceu hasn't always resembled the opera house we see today. Its history is full of ups and downs and mysteries that make this cultural icon a key venue which we invite you to discover on a guided tour of the building.
You'll walk through its most representative areas, starting with the historic lobby, in the eclectic Catalan Renaixement style. From there, you'll continue to the auditorium, an exact replica of the impressive horseshoe-shaped hall designed by the architect Miquel Garriga i Roca
in 1847. You'll go up to the Hall of Mirrors, an imposing room with a ceiling decorated with allegorical paintings and texts referring to art and music. You'll discover the new foyer, the area where people used to relax during the interval and currently a multi-purpose room which hosts small-scale performances.
You can also visit the Cercle del Liceu
, a private club and one of the most important examples of Catalan and Spanish art nouveau.What does your booking include?
Depending on the chosen option:
- Prestige: guided tour + Cercle del Liceu. 50 minutes in English, Spanish or Catalan.
- Guided tour. 45 minutes in English or Spanish.
- Guided Tour (45'): Monday to Friday, every hour. from 2pm to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday, every hour, from 9.30am to 6pm.
- Viste Prestige (50'): Guided Tour + Cercle, Monday to Friday, at 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am and 12.30am.
: La Rambla 51-59. Metro: L3, Liceu stop. Bus: 14, 59 and 91.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour commences.
- For technical reasons or when rehearsals are in progress, the main auditorium or other areas may be closed to the public.
- Reduced admission: +65 years old, children (7-16 years old), students and official disability certificate. Proof of age must be provided when purchasing a reduced ticket.
Customer services provider: FUNDACIO GRAN TEATRE DEL LICEU
This product does not have a specific collection point. Consult the characteristics in the section "Details".