A guided tour of some of the key places where the artist spent his time when he lived in Barcelona. The tour explores Picasso’s Barcelona in depth. An expert guide will accompany you through the bohemian Barcelona of Picasso’s youth and take you on a tour of the world-famous Museu Picasso.
As you walk, discover the bohemian Barcelona of the late 19th and early 20th centuries
where Picasso lived during his youth through anecdotes about his friendships and the events that influenced his life and artistic career.
This route will take you to such unique places as the Quatre Gats
, the beer hall and cabaret on Carrer Montsió; the friezes on the façade of the Col·legi d'Arquitectes, Picasso's only open-air artwork; and the Llotja de Mar, the art school where he studied. You'll also walk along carrer Avinyó, a source of inspiration for Picasso.
The tour ends with a guided tour of the Museu Picasso, founded in 1963 and showcasing the works donated by the artist's private secretary, the sculptor and writer Jaume Sabartés. A figure worthy of being remembered and recognised
. A key museum if you want to understand and find out about the artist's formative years and development. The museum houses more than 4,000 works which make up the world's most complete collection dating from Picasso's early years.What does your Barcelona Walking Tour Picasso booking include?
- Admission and guided tour at the Picasso Museum permanent exhibition.*
- Wireless tour guide system designed to aid communication between participants and the guide.
- Tour led by professional guides.
*If you want to go on the guided tour of the museum, you’ll need to join the walking tour at the beginning. You will not be admitted if you go directly to the museum.
- De l'1/1 al 31/3 i del 1/11 al 31/12: dimarts i dijous, a les 10 h Anglès. Dijous a les 10 h, Francès. Dimecres i dissabte, a les 15h Anglès.
- De l'1/4 al 31/10: dimarts, dijous i dissabte, a les 10 h Anglès. Divendres a les 10 h, Francès. Dimarts i dissabte, a les 15h Anglès. Divendres a les 15 h, Francès.
: 6/1, 1/5, 18/5, 24/9 and 25/12.Length
: the walking tour takes 1 hour and the guided tour of the permanent exhibition at the Picasso Museum 1 hour more.Meeting point
: Turisme de Barcelona Tourist Information Point: pl. Catalunya, 17-basement. Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. Bus: 16, 17, 41, 42, 55 and 141. Rodalies Renfe and FGC: Catalunya stop.
- Places are limited.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour commences.
- Accessible for visitors with reduced mobility.
- If you want to go on the guided tour of the museum, you’ll need to join the walking tour at the beginning. You will not be admitted if you go directly to the museum.
This product does not have a specific collection point. Consult the characteristics in the section "Details".